Designate a well-being executive.
Join us and spread the word to your community
Appoint one person with operational authority to oversee and align all clinician well-being efforts, for example:
• Appoint a system chief wellness officer.
• Assign a senior leader on a short-term basis until long-term resources are identified.
• Align well-being work with diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts.
- AMA STEPS Forward: Establishing a Chief Wellness Officer Position Toolkit
- ACP Internist: A call to action: Align well-being and antiracism strategies
- AMA: Establishing a Chief Wellness Officer Webinar
- AMA: Chief Wellness Officer Road Map Toolkit
This Action Item is part of the 2022 Healthcare Workforce Rescue Package. For the full list of Actions, please click here.
For an easy-to-print and easy-to-share PDF of the 2022 Healthcare Workforce Rescue Package, please click here.
This resource was created through a collaboration of experts in supporting clinician well-being: Elisa Arespacochaga, VP Workforce and Clinical Affairs, American Hospital Association ∙ Robyn Begley, SVP and CNO, American Hospital Association and CEO, American Organization of Nursing Leadership ∙ Liz Boehm, Executive Strategist, Vocera and Learning Community Lead, CEO Coalition ∙ Heather Farley, Chief Wellness Officer, ChristianaCare; member of CHARM Chief Wellness Officer Network ∙ Corey Feist, CEO, Dr. Lorna Breen Heroes' Foundation ∙ Jessica Perlo, Senior Director, Institute for Healthcare Improvement ∙ Tina Shah, Principal, TNT Health Enterprises LLC ∙ Christine A. Sinsky, VP Professional Satisfaction, American Medical Association
Watch a trailer of The First WaveWith exclusive access inside one of New York’s hardest-hit hospital systems during the first four months of the pandemic, Video
Sign the ALL IN Statement of CommitmentBy completing the form below, you commit to: Publicly declare your organizational leadership’s commitment to the well-being of Leadership
What is the ALL IN Campaign?ALL IN: WellBeing First for Healthcare , announced in April 2021, is a call to action by #FirstRespondersFirst and the Dr. Lorna Leadership