Get Rid of Stupid Stuff.
Join us and spread the word to your community
Partner with clinicians to identify and remove low-value work through a rapid improvement process, for example:
• Reduce EHR clicks for common workflows.
• Minimize inbox notifications.
• Eliminate unnecessary mandatory training requirements.
- AMA STEPS Forward: Getting Rid of Stupid Stuff
- IHI: Break the Rules for Better Care
- AMA: Saving Time Playbook
- AMA: Taming the EHR Playbook
- AMA: Taming the EHR Webinar
- AMA: LISTEN-SORT-EMPOWER Toolkit
- AMA: De-implementation checklist
- Journal of General Internal Medicine (2022): The Electronic Health Record Inbox: Recommendations for Relief
This Action Item is part of the 2022 Healthcare Workforce Rescue Package. For the full list of Actions, please click here.
For an easy-to-print and easy-to-share PDF of the 2022 Healthcare Workforce Rescue Package, please click here.
This resource was created through a collaboration of experts in supporting clinician well-being: Elisa Arespacochaga, VP Workforce and Clinical Affairs, American Hospital Association ∙ Robyn Begley, SVP and CNO, American Hospital Association and CEO, American Organization of Nursing Leadership ∙ Liz Boehm, Executive Strategist, Vocera and Learning Community Lead, CEO Coalition ∙ Heather Farley, Chief Wellness Officer, ChristianaCare; member of CHARM Chief Wellness Officer Network ∙ Corey Feist, CEO, Dr. Lorna Breen Heroes' Foundation ∙ Jessica Perlo, Senior Director, Institute for Healthcare Improvement ∙ Tina Shah, Principal, TNT Health Enterprises LLC ∙ Christine A. Sinsky, VP Professional Satisfaction, American Medical Association
Watch a trailer of The First WaveWith exclusive access inside one of New York’s hardest-hit hospital systems during the first four months of the pandemic, read more... Video
Sign the ALL IN Statement of CommitmentBy completing the form below, you commit to: Publicly declare your organizational leadership’s commitment to the well-being of read more... Leadership
What is the ALL IN Campaign?ALL IN: WellBeing First for Healthcare , announced in April 2021, is a call to action by #FirstRespondersFirst and the Dr. Lorna read more... Leadership